Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Proust Questionnaire # 7 : Steve Ducharme

.


These bikes always run best just before they blow up... Steve



Our WebWorld; a lot of us are spending a couple of minutes or hours everyday checking our favourite websites or blogs but who are behind them ? Most part of the time we dont really know.
To find out what's going on behind the screen, i started a serie of portrait of the Men and Women who are making the blogosphere better, for this seventh Portrait, i asked Steve Ducharme to go thru the Proust-Pivot-Lipton Questionnaire to let us know more about himself. Steve is the Man behind Motorcycle Picture of The day

This is an interesting mental exercise for me since I kind of live parallel lives. The Husband/father/cubical life side of me is distinctly different from the motorcycle and stunted adolescent side of me that more than a few people don't understand. Hope I don't come off as schizophrenic..



1. What is your favorite word ? Vacation


2. What is your least favorite word ? Taxes


3. What turns you on ? Thoughtful originality. It's what attracts me to,among other things ;-) motorcycles. A frame, two wheels, and a method of propulsion... but oh what people can do with that.

4. What turns you off ? Self Pity. Of course life has real tragedies that are genuinely hard. But 90% of self pity is just a self indulgent waste of time.

5. What sound or noise do you love ? Outside of the obvious things like my daughters laughter.... a multicylinder 2-Stroke motorcycle with barely muffled expansion chambers winding itself up. It's really really primal for me. Oddly enough, my neighbors usually feel differently.

6. What sound or noise do you hate ? That same motorcycle $iezing a piston. It's a low sad painful howl from your favorite dog... just before he keels over and dies.

7. What is your favorite curse word ? Fuck. There is no substitute.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt ? Motorsports Photography wouldn't exactly suck.. Travel the world. Get total access and all the best vantage points... and then get expenses and a paycheck. Works for me.

9. What profession would you not like to do ? Something like therapist or psychologist. See my response to question #4 as to why.
(As an aside, I have a job that most people would openly despise. I sit in a cubical and do CAD design all day. But civil engineering has a lot of interesting mental challenges that appeal to me)

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates ? "Everyone you've ever known and loved is here and can't wait to see you. Time doesn't exist and you have a limitless universe to explore. Enjoy!"

Also. I'm very flattered to be included among people that I admire and have been inspired by. Paul D'orleans was literally THE inspiration for my first blog. I knew that I could never hope to match the overall richness of his posts so I though it wise to stick to photographs. Also, I doubt that she'd remember me but I met Jacqui a few years ago in St Augustine Florida at a Ton-Up club party. She is as they say "the real deal". I admire her fire!. And Chris Hunter is so damn good at what he's accomplished over at Bike Exif that he's probably got a lot of people mistakenly thinking that what he does is easy. Exif (like MotArt) is on a short list of my personal "must check" sites. I've included a picture that my 9 year old took of me a few weeks ago wrenching on my latest project.




See also : Paul D'Orleans from the Vintagent
See also : Chris Hunter from the Bike Exif
See also : Nick Maggio from A Time To Get
See also : Jeff Decker from the Hippodrome Studio
See also : Christophe Loiron From Mister Freedom
See also : Jacqui Van Ham from thevintageadvantage





.

No comments: