Monday, August 16, 2010

Paul Scott Triton

.






Paul is right, its very difficult to make a nice Triton, to find the good line and for sure Paul did it at the first shot.
Thank you Paul for these pictures and your amazing work



All pictures © Paul Scott

My name is Paul Scott, from Esh Winning, Co. Durham in the North-East of England. I’ve been restoring bikes for a number of years now, before that I used to restore old sports cars. I got sick of having to restore everything to original to keep the greybeards and anoraks happy so I decided to go for something different. I’d always liked the look of Tritons so I decided to give it a go. I bought a 1958 basket case Dommi locally and a tatty re-imported US spec. T120R Bonneville off e-bay as the donor bikes and built it over the winter of 2008 into spring 2009. You have to be a bit careful with Tritons as they can end up looking like a dogs dinner if you don’t get the lines right. This is my first but as I have a few spare pre-unit Triumph engines and gearboxes, I might build another with the pre-unit set-up, or I might go even more radical and build a Triumph bobber. Watch this space. Meanwhile I’m just jobbing on keeping the rest of the collection in good order.





.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Paul. It looks good.