Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Philippe's T.Bird

.






Brought to you by
click to enter


My special T.Bird by Philippe Vergez Founder and designer of Jee Vice.


Philippe was born in Aquitaine, France. He grew up by the Atlantic Ocean surrounded by Art and literature. At age 19 and although a brilliant student, he decided to become fully independent; abandoning his scientific studies for a life of travel and contemplation. During this period, he explored new cultures and forms of artistic expression.



This bike was the first object I could afford to pay cash. I bought it in early 1994, it was the second one to arrive in France.
Since then I have always taken care of it and modify it over the time.
I kept the original aluminium alloy wheels. I changed the originals handlebars for lower ones and lower the crown 2.5 cm. I won in handling and attack. I also change the shock by a modified EMC to lower the rear 1.2 inches. The lower center of gravity changes the game and improves ride comfort and responsiveness of the bike which is quite heavy. The painting was done by JMB Custom Biarritz. The rear fender was shortened by 15cm. The rear light is a chromed 1939 restored Ford Model T. Finally, the exhausts have been changed by Mecatwin stainless steel which gives it a pure English sound.
Without departing from the spirit of the T-Bird I made a good compromise between the original model and the T-Bird Sport.






.

No comments: