Monday, May 2, 2011

Dan Talbot's Ariel Red Hunter

.


A couple of days ago Dan send me these pictures of his beautiful Ariel. I think its the first time i do a post about an Ariel and its very cool to see this bike coming again to life after a great great work from Dan.

The Ariel Red Hunter was the name used for a range of British motorcycles built by Ariel Motorcycles. They were designed by the firm's chief designer Val Page in 1932 around an overhead valve single cylinder engine he developed six years earlier. Originally a 'sports' version of the Ariel 500, 250 and 350cc versions were developed and became popular with grass track and trials riders



Hi Frank
I’ve had this bike for about 20 years. It also has a sidecar which I used to cart my children around in when they were little. After the kids out-grew the sidecar I pushed the bike to a corner of my shed and didn’t touch it for about 10 years. My aim is to bring it back to as-new condition (in 2011 – as the bike is 60 years of age) and I am presently waiting on the fuel tank and wheels to be chrome-plated and painted.
The side car has been re-built and will be bolted back to the bike once I have the engine and chassis sorted and running well.
The Ariel keeps company with my 1956 Triumph 650 Thunderbird and I recently upgraded from a 1999 Triumph 955 Sprint to a 2009 1050 Sprint.

Regards

Dan


.

No comments: