Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shinya Kimura

.




In 2008 at the Legend of Motorcycles in Half Moon Bay Cal.

Shinya Kimura is a Japanese born custom bike builder and founder of Zero Engineering and Chabott Engineering, he originated the "zero style" custom bike.
In 2006 Kimura set up his own shop and named Chabott Engineering to build both custom bikes as well as moving himself toward the world of art.
Kimura said, "Since setting up in America, I've moved from being just a custom-bike builder to slightly changing my direction a little more toward the world of art. I don't know whether success or failure is awaiting me in the future. Can custom bikes become art? Maybe we'll know in 10 years' time."


.

2 comments:

Mats Brate said...

I think Shinya Kimura says it very well in the film by Henrik Hansen:
"For me a motorcycle is more than art"
Thanks for a good post.

Anonymous said...

I will also have to agree with you on that one. Truly beautiful. I have only just started to pay an interest in bikes as my brother and father are keen bikers. I'm thinking of getting an old bike to fix up with them, does anyone know if I would need to take out some sort of classic insurance to cover myself?