Saturday, March 12, 2011

A 3D Norton by Niels Schoen

.


Hello Frank,
My brother send you the first screendumps of my Norton Manx M30 project,
which lasted about 9 months. The bike is standing in my livingroom for several years now and occasionally leaked oil, which my wife disliked...off course.
So last year in may I started to take some bits and pieces from the bike
to clean, and thereupon measure and draw into 3D SolidWorks.
Well, now, 9 months later this job is finished!
I've looked at the blog from motart and I would be very pleased if you
would put some of the pictures on the blog.

Best wishes,

Niels Schoen

If you want more info on Niels work just drop me an email and i will forward to him. Frank

.

2 comments:

James McBride said...

I'd love to do a full feature on this, could you please pass along my email? editor@silodrome.com

It boggles the mind how much work went into this project. Now I'm off to buy myself a 3D printer, let's see if it's possible to print a Norton...

Anonymous said...

oh boy. I use Solidworks all the time, and I know that took him a lot of effort to create all those details in his model. Please pass let Niels know that I appreciate seeing his work.